Friday, October 8, 2010

Regional Candidate Debate at Vellore Village Community Centre

I'd like to thank Vaughan Citizen and their Community Links panel
Vaughan Social Action Council and
Moderator Daniele Zanotti
For an excellent round of questions from panel and residents

From a timely answered standpoint, nobody held a candle to me
My answers were clear consise and to the point
Many candidates and residents acknowledged this and congratulated me for doing well.

With the time limits given, many of the other challengers and
Especially the incumbents
Did not completely get their opinions or answers in at all times

Many had good ideas, often the later answers would expand on previous ideas
So it was more advantageous to go later

I'm happy to say I got a few rounds of applause which is encouraging.

I do not think the incumbents explained their desire to force the mayor to resign effectively
As the mayor was unable to defend herself, not being present
I felt it was a poor tact to blame her for a lack of leadership

Yes other challengers on the stage did also get applause
I am not denying that others had fine arguments or answers to questions
Many of which I agreed with
I feel however many of them wanted to say too much in time allotted

While many resident questions were asked
One particular resident and mayor hopeful was less enthused his wasn't chosen
The drama eventually died down and credit Daniele for his cool in dealing with it.

The irony of one question of limited terms
Is all candidate said YES, including the incumbents who have had several terms
And wanting more no less
Whereas the challengers can clearly not be called on this

I am thankful the evening was not quite as heated as the Rogers debate
As I would have put on my race helmet for protection
I did have it handy

I hope all in attendance left more informed about all of us
To make a difficult decison for their vote

If you like three of us, pick three
If only two, pick two
If only one, pick one
If you hated us all, please don't make a rash decision

Remember to Vote For, Don't Hope For, A New Council

No comments:

Post a Comment